Saturday, December 1, 2007

#23 Finito

I never cease to be amazed by the volume of information, entertainment, comments, sites etc. that are available on the web. Oh to have the time to discover them all, and spend time with your favourites.
Some sites have been immediately useful in day to day work - eg. Zoho writer in a library with no word processing facilities. LibraryThing has been suggested to borrowers, and I personally have been excited by it. 'One Sentence' is an interesting site that I visit regularly now, and have recommended to several friends.
I have enjoyed the learning process, and do feel that I have learned alot and gained tools that will help me and the borrowers in many areas. I feel more comfortable with terminology (wiki,blog,post etc) which once would have yeilded "WHAT THE?"
I have created my own blog, equipped with photos and video, which I never assumed I would do. I gained the greatest praise from my son, who after showing him my blog commented "That's sick mum, good on you".

No comments: